David W. Zecher serves as the Acting Director for the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate in the Aviation & Missile Center, Combat Capabilities Development Command. He leads a workforce of over 1,100 Government and 7,000 contractors exercising the full technical and managerial responsibility for research, exploratory, and advanced development of end-game lethality analysis, modeling and simulation technology, prototyping, aerodynamics, systems engineering and matrix technical support for the Army’s aviation and missile weapon systems. In addition, the Directorate proves life cycle software engineering for numerous Army agencies including PEO Missiles and Space, PEO Aviation, Space and Missile Defense Command, and others. Mr. Zecher ensures the S3I Directorate provides superior technical expertise to the Army and other users of Army systems in the areas of systems integration, prototype development and integration, hardware-in-the-loop simulation, system performance analyses, statistical data and error analysis, system simulation, simulation theory and technology, end-game lethality analysis, math model verification and validation techniques, and real-time time-critical simulation technology.
Prior to his detail as acting director, Mr. Zecher served as the Acting Principal Deputy for S3I. Before his acting roles, Mr. Zecher was the Deputy Director for S3I Program Support.
Mr. Zecher received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alabama in Huntsville and a Master’s of Management from Florida Institute of Technology.
- April 2023 – present: Acting Director, Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center
- March 2023 – April 2023: Acting Principal Deputy, Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center
- June 2020 - present: Deputy Director for Program Support, Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering & Integration Directorate, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center
- May 2018 - June 2020: Associate Director of Production & Sustainment responsible for the Industrial Operations, and Technical Data Management Divisions supporting the Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) and PEOs/PMs.
- March 2015 - May 2018 Chief for the Industrial Operation Division providing sustainment engineering support to the AMCOM, PEO Missiles & Space, PEO Aviation, and other Redstone PMs.
- May 2007 - March 2015: Production Engineering Division, Air & Missile Defense Branch Chief responsible for the production engineering support to the PATRIOT, THAAD, GMD, and other defense systems